We love Isère, and so do our clients! It's easy to see why - the Isère region, in the heart of the French Alps, is made up of 23 resorts set in the spectacular mountains surrounding Grenoble, making superb skiing very accessible!
As France’s third-biggest ski destination, Isère’s resorts include well-known ski destinations such as Les 2 Alpes, Vaujany, and Chamrousse, the hidden gems Villard de Lans/Corrençon and Les 7 Laux, as well as Alpe d’Huez (through our sister company Ski Collection). There’s a huge variety of different ski experiences on offer from charming villages to resorts with extensive large ski areas, tree-lined slopes to high-mountain landscapes, Nordic skiing areas to glacier skiing... The list goes on!
Read more about the top resorts in this wonderful region of the Alps and our picks of the best experiences not to be missed below...
Our Isère resorts
We feature a great range of resorts to choose from in Isère, from the charming smaller Alpine villages, to the hustle and bustle of larger resorts. Have a look below to discover your perfect fit...
Set in the Grand Domaine ski area with 250km of piste to explore, Vaujany is charming mountain village with great snow conditions and a micro-climate offering beautiful bluebird days on the slopes! Vaujany is also linked to the larger resort of Alpe d'Huez, and has a fantastic cable car taking you from the village centre to the summit of Pic Blanc at 3330m.
We'd recommend staying at Residence le Saphir recently added to the programme. These brand new 4* self-catered apartments are in a perfect central location, with wonderful mountain views and just 70m from the cable car.
Les Sept Laux
New to our programme, this typically French resort (translated as 7 Lakes) is in a great accessible location, just a 35 minute transfer from Grenoble airport! Les 7 Laux is made up of 3 lift-linked villages and has access to 120km of piste in the Belledonne mountains. It is also home to one of the best rated snow parks in France, it's suitable for all levels so the whole family can try it out!
We'd recommend staying at les Granges des 7 Laux, a 4* residence right on the pistes in Prapoutel village, offering ski-in/ski-out. Facilities include a wellness centre and a fantastic restaurant, Le Katuss.
Villard de Lans
Also new to our programme is the small village resort of Villard de Lans. Connected to Corrençon, these two lift-linked villages form the Espace Villard-Correncon ski area, the largest and highest Alpine area of the Vercors. Villard is a lively village with a large market centre including lovely mountain restaurants, bars and shops. There's also the dairy cooperative offering traditional blue cheese -produced for over 600 years!
We'd recommend staying at 3* superior le Splendid, made up of completely refurbished self-catered apartments. The free resort shuttle bus, 100m from the residence, takes guests to the slopes, lifts and ski school meeting point.
The varied ski area of Chamrousse suits all tastes, with tree-lined runs and stunning views of the surrounding mountains. Plenty of outdoor pursuits are on offer, from downhill to Nordic skiing, snowshoeing to ice-diving, there is something for everyone to enjoy here during a winter break. The ski resort is made up of 2 villages and skiers can pass from one area to another on the slopes.
We'd recommend staying at les Villages du Bachat. This 3* residence is very close to the slopes and lifts and has a private outdoor heated pool. There's also a wellness area and an on-site bar and restaurant.
Les Deux Alpes
With 223km of piste and a top height of 3600m, Les 2 Alpes is a perfect choice for all skiing abilities. There's a good range of slopes for beginners with green runs and easy blues from the top of the glacier! Intermediates and experts are also well catered for, and there's extensive off-piste opportunities. The resort has something for everyone, with lively and varied après bars and activities - read more on our Inside Track blog
We'd recommend staying at le Cortina, a 4* residence situated just 200m from the Diable chair-lift and near a choice of bars and restaurants. Guests also have access to the hot tub, sauna and steam room.
Our top picks in Isère
There's much to enjoy both on and off the slopes in Isère! Here are our top picks of the things not to miss when you're at one of these resorts!
- Get practicing your flips, tricks and jumps in one of the best rated snowparks in France. The dedicated area in Les 7 Laux caters to all abilities from beginner to experienced free-riders, with options from XS to XXL! There are modules designed by the Oakley brand, lots of jumps, rails, a BigAirBag and a boardercross attached to the snowpark.
- Head to the recently built leisure centre in Vaujany and keep the whole family entertained. There's an ice rink, spa and balneotherapy area, 4 lane bowling alley, a 50 m² sundeck. There's also a toboggan centre here with the added benefit of access by cable car!
- There's more than one way of getting down a mountain in Villard de Lans! Choose between airboarding (inflatable sledge), snake-sledging, snowtubing, and even bobsledding! All available to try at the Colline des Bains, and suitable for a whole range of ages. There's also illuminated Luge Park night sessions from 6 to 8pm!
- Be a daredevil in Les Deux Alpes and step out onto the suspended footbridge at a whopping altitude of 3,400m! The Belvédère des Ecrins offers incredible 360° views of the Ecrins mountain range and can be witnessed for free by the whole family (from 4yrs). This incredible feature can be accessed from the funicular station.
- Get all the time on the slopes you could possibly want in Chamrousse, with dedicated night-skiing! Available from 3.30pm to 8.30pm every Saturday and Thursday night during the French school holidays from the top of the resort down to Chamrousse 1650.