Famille Plus & Top Of The French Alps (TOTFA)
Keeping families 100% happy! To help families find resorts that have made extra special provision for families, the French Tourism Ministry created a national tourism label, Famille Plus, to approve the facilities and services available to families with children staying in French tourist destinations. The Famille Plus award aims to improve resort services and facilities, helping to identify those resorts which can ensure a high level of quality in their infrastructure and have facilities that mean holidays can be enjoyed particularly by families and children.
The seven commitments of Famille Plus mountain resorts are:
- A tailor-made infrastructure for families
- Entertainment and activities to suit all ages
- A price to suit everyone: from the youngest to the oldest
- Activities for children and adults, to enjoy both on their own and together
- A nearby medical service for those 'under the weather' days
- Children to be taken care of by professionals
- To take clients' requirements and suggestions into account
The following resorts that we feature have acquired the Famille Plus label:
Top of the French Alps
A group of the most emblematic French resorts, offering services that meet the requirements of an international clientele by skifrance.fr:
- Easy access: close to international airports and railroad stations, with regular shuttle services to the resorts
- Excellent reception: many languages spoken at the various reception areas, such as tourist offices, accommodation providers, ski-lift companies etc.
- Ski area features: linked areas that can reach up to 600 km of ski-trails, equipped with modern ski-lift facilities, snow-guns, practice areas for other winter sports (snow parks, cross-country skiing, etc.) or for beginners / families (themed trails), with infinite free-style ski possibilities (recommended to be enjoyed accompanied by a professional).
- Large reception capacity and comfortable lodging facilities: quaint hotels / renovated spacious self-catering apartments/chalets offering additional services (e.g. daily housekeeping services).
- Diverse entertainment and commercial amenities to meet non-skiers' expectations - depending on the resort: marked snowshoe tracks/hikes, luge tracks, paragliding, relaxation facilities/spas, skating rinks, discovering the heritage, night skiing, bowling, clubs, movies, etc.
- Many international cultural and sporting events: exhibits, shows/concerts, festivals (e.g. international comedy film festival), try-outs for the alpine ski world cup, ski-joering championships, car races on ice, etc.
- Powerful international promotion: websites translated into several languages, easy access to information about these resorts.
- These resorts are widely booked by tour operators outside of France: this guarantees the quality of these resorts offers internationally, and it facilitates the booking of the "all inclusive" packages locally.
The following resorts that we feature have acquired the Top of the French Alps (TOTFA) label: