Famille Plus & Top Of The French Alps (TOTFA)
To ensure families are 100% happy and to avoid any unwanted surprises, the French Tourism Ministry has created a newnational tourism label to approve the facilities and services available to families with children staying in French tourist destinations. The Famille Plus award aims to improve resort services and facilities, helping operators to identify those resorts which can ensure a high level of quality in their infrastructures and the holidays enjoyed by families and children.
The seven commitments for the Famille Plus mountain resorts are:
- A tailor-made infrastructure for families
- Entertainment and activities to suit all ages
- A price to suit everyone: from the youngest to the oldest
- Activities for children and adults, to enjoy both on their own and together
- A nearby medical service for those 'under the weather' days
- Children to be taken care of by professionals
- To take clients' requirements and suggestions into account
The following resorts that we feature have acquired the Famille Plus label:
Top of the French Alps
A group of the most emblematic French resorts, offering services that meet the requirements of an international clientele by skifrance.fr:
- Easy access: close to international airports and railroad stations, with regular shuttle services to the resorts
- Excellent reception: many languages spoken at the various reception areas, such as tourism offices, lodging facilities, ski-lift companies.
- Ski area features: linked areas that can reach up to 600 km of ski-trails, equipped with modern ski-lift facilities, snow-guns, practice areas for new winter sports (snow parks, cross-country skiing, etc.) or for beginners / families (theme trails), with infinite free-style ski possibilities (company of a professional recommended).
- Large reception capacity and comfortable lodging facilities: quaint hotels / renovated spacious condos / chalets offering additional services (e.g. daily housekeeping services).
- Diverse entertainment and commercial amenities to meet non-skier expectations - depending on the resort: marked snowshoe tracks / hikers, luge tracks, paragliding, rest areas / spas, skating rinks, discovering the heritage, night skiing, bowling, clubs, movies, etc.
- Many international cultural and sports events: exhibits, shows / concerts, festivals (e.g. international comedy film festival), try-outs for the alpine ski world cup, ski-joering championships, car races on ice, etc.
- Powerful international promotion: web sites translated into several languages, easy access to information about these resorts.
- These resorts are widely booked by foreign tour-operators: this guarantees the quality of these resorts offers internationally, and it facilitates the booking of the "all inclusive" packages locally.
The following resorts that we feature have acquired the Top of the French Alps (TOTFA) label: