Where better to spend Christmas or New Year than a ski resort in the French Alps? There will be picturesque apartments, with amazing views of snowcapped mountains and resorts will be looking festive! Here are 10 more reasons to ski over Christmas and New Year.
10 reasons to ski this Christmas and New Year
1. You can celebrate in style, fireworks have a definite wow-factor with a mountain backdrop
2. Is there a better way to recover from too much celebrating then feeling the fresh air on your face as you ski that first run of the day?
3. Experience a true winter wonderland… “Sleighbells ring, are you listenin’, in the lane snow is glistenin’”
4. Nowhere feels quite as Christmassy as being in the mountains, coming in from the cold to a hot chocolate or vin chaud!
5. Enjoy the après ski – Santa often visits ski resorts, and on a real sleigh too!
7. Get a great ski deal! We have brilliant Christmas deals and you'll find excellent offers over New Year, too. Make sure you have subscribed to our newsletter - we always share the best deals with our subscribers.
8. You'll have plenty of time to get another ski holiday later in the season!
9. Be present with your family instead of showering them with gifts. Travelling at Christmas and New Year is a great way to switch off from the day-to-day.
10. End the year as you mean to start the next - you're doing something amazing!
The Inside Track
We really do practice what we preach and many of our Alpine experts head for the slopes early in the season. Below we have a client and one of our team, telling us all about their Christmas ski trips...
Recommended resorts for Christmas and New Year ski holidays
Not sure where to head for your Christmas or New Year ski holiday? These recommended resorts are a great place to start and if you have any questions or are thinking of a different resort, call the team on 023 9283 9310 or send an email and we'll find you your perfect festive ski holiday!