Mountain Biking in the French Alps
Mountain biking in Les Deux Alpes with Peak Retreats
For several years the resort has put mountain biking into consideration when managing tracks and paths, organising competitions, the Tour de France, and in the use of the winter ski lifts. It has developed to such an extent that today there are action-packed mountain bike events throughout the summer months. Les Deux Alpes events include CrankWorx from 9th-12th July 2015; Mountain of Hell from 17th - 19th July 2015. Oisans events include UCI World Cup and French Cup the Traversee de l’Oisans MTB XC Marathon.
Les 2 Alpes Bike Park is the official name for the entire Les 2 Alpes mountain biking area, open from the 21st of June to the 30th of August 2015. From handling tracks to more demanding sports trails, set off on an adventure on specially equipped downhill mountain biking routes!
In Les 2 Alpes, there are 18 mountain biking pro shops. You'll find helmets, elbow pads, back protectors and safety gear for sale or available to hire, so you can ride in complete safety.
Lift passes are payable.
Lifts for mountain bikers/pedestrians
Venosc gondola – 8am-8pm
Diable chairlift – 9.30am-6pm (near to Le Cortina residence)
Mont de Lans chairlift – 9.30am-6pm (near to La Dibona, Goleon Val Ecrin and Lou Crouet)
Vallee Blanche chairlift – 9.30pm-6pm (next to Alba residence)
Mountain biking in Tignes
From June 27th to August 30th 2015, enjoy unlimited trails and MTB lifts with Tignes and Val d’Isère: the access to the Bike Park is FREE.
- Downhill (DH): green, blue, red and black trails
DOUBLE BLACK: elite
- All mountain (AM) (ex. enduro):
All mountain trails go mainly down but can feature some portions going uphill and are quite technical. Best for experienced riders!
- Cross-country (XC):
Both cross-country tracks feature ascents and descents as well as flat portions. For tough riders!
- Assess your level thanks to three green, blue and red modules lines at your disposal before heading to the “big” Bike Park
- Have fun on the pumptrack, the mini downhill trail and the dual slalom
- Show off your best tricks in safety on the MTB airbag
- Try many activities, such as skateboarding, BMX or rollerblading on the skatepark.
Mountain Biking in Portes du Soleil
- 1 Jump Park 3 ha & 1 mini Jump Park
- 1 Pump Track
- 1 North Shore zone
- 1 4-cross trail
- 1 Kids Zone
- 1 Coaching Track
- 8 Bike Patrols to ensure security and good shaping of the trails
- 6 specialized shops to rent or repair your bike- dozens of MTB instructor
Pass'Portes du Soleil MTB
Take part in the 12th edition of the Pass'Portes du Soleil MTB ! Bike Show in Morzine from 26th to 28th June 2015. Details on http://www.passportesdusoleil.com/passportes-pass-portes-home.html