February half-term is one of the most popular times for family ski holidays and there's plenty of reasons why; children are on their school holidays, the snow conditions are some of the best of the season and many resorts gear up to the occasion with lots of family-friendly events! That's why we have got all of our favourite webcam snaps together in this blog so you can see for yourselves what you could be enjoying next season!
Les Deux Alpes is a perfect choice for a family ski holiday during February half term, with plenty of extra activities on offer, and skiing for all abilities. Easily accessible via Grenoble airport or on a self-drive, les Deux Alpes is in a great location in the heart of the Isère with access to up to 223km piste!
Why it's perfect for half-term: Fantastic range of entertainment and activities for children
Sainte Foy is also a firm favourite for families, as it is a traditional quieter resort with beautiful tree-lined piste attracting less crowds during the busy half-term holidays. The more well-known resorts of Val d’Isère, Tignes and Les Arcs are also within easy driving distance, so it is a perfect base for exploring!
Why it's perfect for half-term: Great snow record with brilliant off-piste opportunities
Sitting on the Italian border, Montgenevre offers visitors the opportunity for some cross border skiing, with a resort height of 1850m! Forming part of one of the world's largest ski areas - the Milky Way, this resort was nominated for the Family Resort of the Year at the World Snow Awards in 2017.
Why it's perfect for half-term: 50,000m2 secured area for families and beginners
Peisey Vallandry in the vast Paradiski ski area of 425km piste has fantastic links to the Les Arcs and La Plagne villages via the Vanoise Express cable car. Being a quieter alternative to the bustling Les Arcs villages, this resort is an ideal base for families.
Why it's perfect for half-term: East access to the family friendly Mille8 developments in Arc 1800
If you're looking to book a half-term ski trip, we recommend that you:
- Take advice on where to go. If you'd like to discuss where would be best for your family, call our team on 023 9289 0960 - they will be able to find the perfect resort for you. Look out for resorts which have the Famille Plus award. These resorts have high-quality facilities and activities especially aimed at families and children.
- Book early. Popular residences and resorts really do book up quickly. We're already taking lots of bookings for February half-term for our popular resorts and accommodation.
- Get ski school booked up as soon as possible. As soon as you know where you're going, get ski school booked up. All of your other extras - lift passes, equipment hire - can wait, but ski school does sell out at half-term. The morning sessions are in very high demand!
- Self-drive. Driving allows you to take everything the kids like and need without having to worry about luggage allowances. You can break the journey up with overnight stays and check out the other resorts in the area.
- Of course, if self-drive isn't for you, there's always the brilliant ski train and we can help with transfers and car rental to get you from stations and airports to your resort.
Ready to book your half-term ski holiday?
If you're thinking of taking a ski holiday in February 2020 to take advantage of the excellent mid-season ski conditions, do get in touch. You can book now for a super-low deposit of just £200 - that's per apartment, regardless of how many people!