At the entrance of the Chamonix valley and only 4km from its famous town, the pretty village of Les Houches is right under the impressive Mont-Blanc.
It is a typical mountain village with a lovely church and old wooden Savoyard farmhouses around. There are a number of pleasant bars and good restaurants for quiet evenings out and buses run in and out of Chamonix all day.
Les Houches’ friendly relaxed atmosphere provides a great base for families. Les Houches is also ideal for those wishing to explore the rest of the legendary valley. World-renowned sites such as the stunning Aiguille du Midi, Mer de Glace (Sea of Ice) can be easily accessed from Chamonix and its many cable cars, the scenic Montenvers train or the picturesque Mont-Blanc tramway.
Scope for activities and walks are endless - with 350km of walking area and many lifts operating throughout the summer. Market day in Les Houches is Monday.
View here for a 360 degree view of Les Houches
(hold down the left click of your mouse and drag left right up and down whilst still holding on the left click button to move 360 degree)
MultiPass Mont Blanc Card
The Multipass Mont-Blanc chip card is the best way to enjoy many of the world renowned facilities in the Chamonix Valley.
- Aiguille du Midi: Access without reserving before 9h00 (after 9h00 remember to book your time-slot)
- Free access to the Les Bossons chairlift
- Chamonix Luge Alpine Coaster: one single descent free for one purchased
- Tourist Train in Chamonix: special rate
- Courmayeur (Italy): Access to high altitude swimming pool and 50% off ski-lift prices (except Funivie Skyway Monte Bianco)
- Verbier (Switzerland): -10% off the Summer Day Verbier Pass
- Jardin des Cimes in Passy: -40% off entry ticket price
- Step into The Void® : Guaranteed access before 9h00
Prices from £48 per adult, £41 per child and £132 per family for 1 day.
Places of interest around Les Houches
· Chamonix: The world capital of mountaineering is only a few miles from Les Houches. Very cosmopolitan it boasts first rate leisure facilities and a huge range of shops and restaurants.
· L’Aiguille du Midi is reached by cable car from Chamonix. The views from Europe’s highest cable car station (3842m) are literally breathtaking. From there you can walk back to the famous ‘Mer de Glace’ with ease and catch Montenvers train back to town.
· Argentières’s cable car to Les Grands Montets glacier also offers the starting point for superb walking itineraries.