PR, Social Media & Marketing Executive
Peak Retreats, the leading French Alps specialist, is looking to recruit a PR, Social Media and Marketing Executive. If you're a creative, proactive individual with a marketing background, or if you'd like to develop your marketing career, this position could be for you.
Peak Retreats features over 75 ski resorts in France across its two brands (Peak Retreats and Ski Collection). Peak Retreats is the current holder of the Telegraph Travel award for Best Ski Operator, was the recipient of The Times Travel Editor's Award 2018, and has been voted Best Ski Company in Guardian and Observer Travel Awards multiple times. Peak Retreats also won Best Family Ski Operator in the Family Traveller Awards in 2018.
Press Relations (PR), Social Media & Marketing Executive
Reporting to the General Manager, the role of PR, Social Media & Marketing Executive is ideal for someone wishing to explore and develop their skills across a wide range of marketing disciplines with particular responsibility for press relations and social media. You will be a key member of the marketing team, and as such, have the opportunity to input on and assist with a range of marketing projects.
The main responsibilities of the job include:
- Press relations - liaising with journalists & bloggers
- Developing newsworthy ideas for press releases and press trips
- Organising all aspects of press trips
- Preparing and sending press releases and special offers to press contacts
- Actively seeking coverage on- and offline
- Acting as an ambassador for the company at various events
- Recording and logging press coverage
Social media & blogs:
- Responsibility for content and engagement on social media channels (including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
- Responsibility for blogs for both brands – this involves writing blogs, planning content, optimising and maintaining existing blog pages
- Responsibility for managing the content of existing microsites and creating new microsites as needed.
- Assisting with the content management of the company websites
- Support with advertising plans and responsibility for managing the delivery of advertisements to media
- Responsibility for ensuring that advertisements appear correctly, and collecting screenshots/copies of these
- Liaison with commercial partners with whom we run joint campaigns, when needed
- Developing your own product knowledge as our programme evolves/grows
- Developing your own professional knowledge relevant to your role as tools evolve/change
- Producing and analysing Google Search Console reports and actioning improvements in SEO etc.
- Producing monthly online reports, as required
- Generally assisting with and inputting on various marketing projects as a proactive engaged member of the marketing team
You may also be required to generally assist other departments when needed. You will need to have a proactive approach to your work and to demonstrate a high level of self-motivation as you will often be expected to work independently.
We are looking for someone with:
- Excellent literacy and copywriting skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- A confident outgoing personality
- A creative mindset
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks at any one time, to be flexible and to reprioritise as necessary
- Strong organisational and time-management skills
- Superlative attention to detail
- Self-motivated, proactive, can-do attitude
- Experience working with social media platforms
- An understanding of SEO
- A general understanding of marketing
- An interest in the travel industry and in particular skiing
- Experience of working with the media
- Experience of writing for different audiences
- Experience of website software
- French language skills
This role is based in Portsmouth.
If you feel you have the right experience and skills and would like to apply for this position, email Alison Willis email@example.com and tell us why you feel you are the candidate we are looking for. Please also attach your full current CV.