Advanced Cycling Courses in Tignes with Florian Hudry Cycling Project
Spend a week pushing your riding to the limits with professional cyclist, Florian Hudry. On this unique course, you will take on five challenging guided rides and have the opportunity to improve your technique, challenge yourself on mythical passes, experience legendary climbs and receive top class coaching, all in the spectacular surroundings of the French Alps.
The rides are supervised by Florian Hudry, a professional cyclist at Interpro Cycling Academy (Japan), with more than 160 UCI races to his credit. You will discover the best of alpine road cycling, including famous demanding passes, all of which form part of current or past Tour de France mountain stage routes: the Col de l'Iseran, the Cormet de Roseland, the Col du Mont Cenis, the Col du Petit Saint Bernard.
Course dates for 2021
- Saturday 26 June to Thursday 1 July 2021
- Wednesday 7 July to Monday 12 July 2021
- Monday 12 July to Saturday 17 July 2021
- Day 1 - Welcome and programme briefing
- Day 2 - Beaufortain Massif outing (145km)
Tignes ⇒ Bourg Sait Maurice ⇒ Cormet de Roseland ⇒ Barrage de Roseland ⇒ Col du Pré ⇒ Arêches Beaufort ⇒ Col de Méraillet ⇒ Barrage de Roseland ⇒ Cormet de Roseland ⇒ Bourg Saint Maurice ⇒ Tignes
- Day 3 - Maurienne Valley trip (135km)
Tignes ⇒ Val d'Isère ⇒ Col de l'Iseran ⇒ Bonneval sur Arc ⇒ Val Cenis ⇒ Col du Mont Cenis and back
- Day 4 - Break day with a conference by Florian Hudry in the morning.
Free afternoon possibility of arranging activities for an additional cost including golf, hiking, summer skiing, massages.
- Day 5 - Haute Vallée de Tarentaise exit (98km)
Tignes ⇒ Bourg Saint Maurice ⇒ Landry ⇒ Macôt ⇒ Aime ⇒ then return via the Soleil side via Tessens ⇒ Bonvillard, Valezan ⇒ Montgirod ⇒ Vulmix ⇒ Bourg Saint Maurice ⇒ Tignes
- Day 6 - Exit to Italy (145km)
Tignes ⇒ Séez ⇒ Le Col du Petit Saint Bernard ⇒ Pré Saint Didier ⇒ Morgex ⇒ return to Tignes
Price of the course
- £1,320 per cyclist* on a full board basis.
- £340 for accompanying persons (non-cyclists) on a full board basis with a free activity card.
- Electrically assisted bicycles are welcome.
- A good level of cycling required.
- Bracket: 34/30.
- The course requires 8 participants.*
Included in the price
- Full-board excluding drinks at 4-star Hotel le Taos in Tignes.
- Coaching by professional cyclist, Florian Hudry.
- One room for single occupancy with hotel service.
- Preparation of the material, maintenance and revision.
- A professional or state-certified cyclist on rides.
- The reassurance of a support vehicle for each outing.
Excluded from the price
- Tourist tax (2.48€ per night and per person).
- Other activities: massages, golf etc.
- Food (cereal bars, gels, etc.).
- The bike!
- Travel to Tignes - we are able to organise both Eurotunnel and Ferry crossings for you.
- Travel insurance**
The Accommodation: Le Taos, Tignes Le Lac
4-star Le Taos is an impressive luxury hotel and residence. The hotel is located in the heart of the village of Tignes le Lac. The shops, bars and restaurants are all within an easy 5-minute walk. Facilities at Le Taos include free and unlimited access to the private indoor heated swimming pool, sauna and leisure centre; access to the hotel's spa where numerous massages and treatments can be enjoyed (all payable), a lounge bar to enjoy a relaxing drink plus secure bike lockers.
The inspiration for this landmark property was drawn from the Native American culture of the thousand-year-old village of Taos in New Mexico, recognised by UNESCO as a heritage site of world interest. The views over the resort and the surrounding Aiguille Percée and Grande Sassière from Le Taos are truly amazing. The design of Le Taos is a subtle mix of mountain style and modern comforts.
Ready to book your advanced cycle course in Tignes? Need some advice? Call our team on 023 9283 9310 or send an email and we will help you get summer sorted!
* Please note that for logistical reasons the cycling element will only go ahead if there is a minimum of 8 individual participants registered. We would of course advise you nearer the time and give you the opportunity to change the date or cancel without charge should this number not be reached for a particular course date.
** The purchase of high end travel insurance that covers all aspects of the trip including your bike is, in our view, essential for this trip.