Winter Winter site Email us Shortlist View Shortlist Client area Client area
The French Alps ski specialist

Coronavirus (COVID-19)


Updated: 1/8/22 

Travelling to France

From 1/8/22, all COVID-19 travel restrictions for travellers to France have been lifted. The rules that previously applied to travellers coming to France no longer apply:

  • You no longer need to present proof of vaccination.
  • You are no longer required to show proof of a negative PCR or antigen test upon arrival in France.
  • You are no longer required to fill out any forms prior to your arrival in France.

Entry requirements for France are the same for all travellers, regardless of COVID-19 vaccination status.

Once in France, masks are no longer need to be worn in shops etc. they are recommended on communal transport and in medical establishments. The "pass vaccinal" and "pass sanitaire" are no longer required. 

You can read the full current travel advice to France from the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office here - You can read the official information (in French) here - 

Returning from France

The UK's passenger locator form has been scrapped and there is no longer a requirement for a Covid test on return to the UK. Read full current guidance -

Our French mountain resorts 

Our bookings for summer 2022 and winter 2022/23 are open. We are ABTA bonded for clients booking holiday packages with us so you can book your summer 2022 or winter 2022/23 holiday package now with confidence knowing that any payments you make to us are protected.  

Our resorts have been open for skiing since December and all resorts were open for summer 2021. Health and safety measures to prevent the risk of COVID-19 have already been extensively tested.

There is no longer a requirement for a "pass sanitaire" or "pass vaccinal". This was previously required to access ski lifts, bars and restaurants. 

Masks are no longer be needed except on transport (where they are recommended) and in medical establishments. 

If you test positive for COVID while you are away: Adequate travel insurance is a vital aspect to booking any holiday. Insurance covers you for cancellation from the moment the policy is taken out and we require that clients have this in place. It’s important to ensure that your travel insurance will cover you if you test positive for COVID while you are away as you may need to extend your stay; without it you would then be responsible for any additional costs incurred. Many insurance policies now include cover for COVID. Read the policy terms carefully to ensure that it covers what you need. Fully vaccinated people who test positive will only have to isolate for seven days regardless of the Coronavirus variant they were infected with, but can leave isolation after five days if they have a negative antigen or negative PCR test result. 

As with all measures, the situation is under constant review by authorities in light of the situation with the pandemic. We will therefore continue to monitor the situation closely. 

Brexit - travelling to France from 01/01/21

We've summarised key points below. In the main, this will have no impact on travelling to France for holidays aside from:

  • No visas will be required for UK citizens. Passports will still be required as before but they will require 6-months validity and must not be over 10 years old (you can check passport requirements online). The UK has never been part of the Schengen passport-free European travel area, and therefore there have always been identity controls for UK travellers coming into the EU. This won't change and you won't see any difference in queues. You'll need to use separate lanes from those for EU/EEA/Swiss citizens.
  • For those driving, an International Driving Permit will only be required if you only have a paper licence or if your driving licence was issued in Gibraltar, Guernsey, Jersey or the Isle of Man. This can be easily obtained from UK Post Offices for an approximate cost of £5.50.
  • For those driving with their own car, you do not need to carry a Green Card from your car insurance company when you drive in the EU and Switzerland. From 28th September 2021, you'll need to display a UK sticker rather than a GB sticker.
  • You should get a free UK Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC) before leaving the UK (if you have a current European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) this will be valid until its expiry date). These are valid for EU countries. Travel insurance (which we have always insisted our clients have in place, as this is good practice) should also be in place as the GHIC or EHIC is not an alternative to travel insurance. You should be prepared to show proof of travel insurance for your trip on entry to France.
  • Procedures for those wishing to travel with their pets will be more complicated and we would urge anyone wishing to do so to look into this well in advance of travel. Find out more about the new process -


Any other questions?

Many questions our clients have been asking us over the few past weeks are covered on a dedicated ABTA page found here

Peak Retreats is a member of ABTA and this helpful page provides the answers to some frequently asked questions relating to coronavirus and travel.  


Our team is available to help clients on our usual office number during our office opening hours. For the time being however, we currently no longer accept holiday enquiries in person. Please call us for any enquiries relating to new bookings. 



Where do you want to go next? 
Browse Resorts | Summer Ski | Alpine Holidays | Request a Quote
Call our friendly team of experts on 023 9283 9310


Before you leave… Sorry to see you go. Before you do, would you mind just telling us why?

Also, don’t forget you can give us a call on 023 9283 9310 or email if you couldn’t find what you needed.
I don't want to leave! Take me back to the website.
Searching for your perfect ski holiday
Secure online booking with total financial protection
Added to shortlist!