The tourist office is very active and organises lots to keep visitors entertained with wine tastings, concerts, shows, and competitions.
Children can join in most activities, baby chairs can be hired for mountain bikes, and there are some entertainments especially for them, like children's fishing, baby-foot competitions, magic shows and workshops to name a few. Activities and courses can all be arranged through the tourist office in Morillon who are happy to help.
Le Lac Bleu is Morillon's recreational Park. Clear waters reserved for swimming and fishing. Tennis, horse riding, children's play areas, picnic areas. The 18 hole Golf courses at Les Carroz and Les Gets boasts fantastic views, and uncrowded fairways. Other golfing challenges in the area include an 18 hole course at Les Gets, a 9 hole course at Avoriaz, and a practice range at Samoëns with a driving range over water and a putting green.
Value for money restaurants in Morillon make eating out a pleasure while a 'traiteur' produces first class regional food to take away. There is a lively market on Friday mornings in Morillon with local produce at very good prices.
Morillon is an incredibly accessible resort, only a fifteen minute drive from the motorway exit near the TGV train station of Cluses and only 55km from Geneva.
Places of interest in Morillon
· Le Lac Bleu: Situated beside the Giffre this is Morillon's recreational Park. Clear waters reserved for swimming and fishing. Tennis, horse riding, children's play area, picnic areas.
· Le Bourg: Around the St Christopher church (16th century) the school and Town Hall, the solid bourgeoise houses have now become commercial premises.
View below for Morillon webcam
Top summer activities to experience in Morillon
Please note Peak Retreats do not book any activities and most activities are payable. For more information about pricing and availability, please contact the Morillon Tourist Office on 0033 450 90 15 76 or visit www.ot-morillon.fr
Carte Morill'1 Pass
Opening the door to the mountains so you can make the most of the activities at a good value. This free individual personnel card is valid throughout your stay and enables you to access the principal tourist sites within 60 kilometres of Morillon at a reduced rate. Collect your card free from your host partner (if participating) or purchase for the duration of your stay at 1euro per person per day (on sale at the Morillon tourist office).
Morillon Water activities
The river Giffre presents a multitude of water sports on both calm and wild waters. Activities on offer include rafting, canorafting, airboating and hydrospeeding.
Indiana Rafting, Arcades Building Honoraz, Morillon.
The Lac Bleu leisure centre is 500m from the main resort. The sandy beach, shaded lawns and benches allow you to enjoy the view or keep an eye on your children.
Morillon Adventure Park
Adventure trail - The Lac Bleu adventurers
The Lac Bleu forest trail lets you climb trees as a family, up to 15m high in complete safety (120m zipwire, Tarzan leap, nets, etc.). All courses meet European standards and are monitored by staff.
Families can participate in an interactive game, developed in collaboration with the natural reserve of Sixt. Gather information scattered on the course on the theme of fauna and flora of our mountains and answer the questionnaire - tailored to the age of adventurers.
Picnic area by the Giffre. Next to "La Covagne" bar/restaurant Parking nearby Public toilets nearby.
Some lifts are open in summer to pedestrians and mountain bikers. The gondola (on reserve) and chairlifts Esserts and Bergin at Morillon 1100 are open in July and August.
This scooter has a look of remover! .... wide down tires, disc brakes, telescopic forks. With your Fatscoot, you go down the slopes, after a climb in the chairlift. -in sports mode: full of sensations with a handy and powerful machine. -in casual mode: comfort and stability, you enjoy at your own pace. Sensations for the whole family!
Bars, restaurants, cinema, shops.
Ferme de la Vieille: +33 (0)6 17 83 45 37
La ferme de la Vieille is situated at Morillon à 1700 m. Accessible via foot or chairlift. The terrace offers great views over la vallée du Giffre.
L’Igloo +33 (0)4 50 90 14 31
Restaurants & Bars
Le Bon Coin +33 (0)4 50 90 10 57
Bar and concerts.
Le Bois du Seigneur +33 (0)4 50 34 27 40
From Monday - Saturday evening on reservation.
Restaurant Le Caribou +33 (0)4 50 90 74 86
Savoyarde cuisine, cocktail bar, interior and exterior areas, free WIFI
Le Yéti +33 (0)4 50 90 11 39
Snacks and pizzas, takeaway
La Covagn +33 (0)4 50 90 11 07
L’Etoile des Neiges +33 (0)4 50 90 46 06
Le Morillon +33 (0)4 50 90 10 32
Restaurant Le Potet +33 (0)4 50 90 19 16
Savoyade cuisine and pizzas
La Terrasse de Verchaix +33 (0)4 50 90 12 67
Inernational and savoyarde cuisine
Le Tourne Pierre +33 (0)4 50 90 13 79
Savoyade cuisine, terrace and parking
Mini-supermarket, cash point, doctors, 1 pharmacy, physiotherapist, hairdresser, laundry/dry cleaning, bakeries, library, several sports shops, and a chocolatier.
Driving distance from Calais to Morillon 537 miles (approx 7hrs30)
From Calais, take A26 Motorway towards Reims and Troyes, then Dijon, Mâcon then ‘Autoroute Blanche’ Motorway (A40 Mâcon – Cluses) Exit Cluses Scionzier. Follow signs to Samoens. After the Chatillon pass, follow signs to Morillon.
It takes approximately 15 minutes from the motorway exit to Morillon.
Cluses 20km - Shuttle bus to Morillon +33 (0)4 50 98 07 81 or Taxi +33 (0)4 50 34 90 90
Geneva Airport is 59km from Morillon (1 hour)
Shuttle bus (about €64 per pers return children 4-12 half-price)
Chambery is 110km from Morillon (1 ½ hours)
Grenoble is 196km from Morillon (2 hours)
Lyon Saint-Exupéry is 197 km from Morillon (2 hours)
Morillon Airport Transfers
Need an Airport Transfer? Prices from £73 per person based on 4 sharing a private return taxi from Geneva Airport to Morillon Village or from £58 per person to Morillon 1100. Call our reservations team for details on 0844 576 0170 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Morillon/ Samoëns News and Events 2021/22
- Morillon Market all-year-round.
- Vélo Vert Festival 3rd-5th June 2022 In a friendly atmosphere, the event will host, on a new playground conducive to all types of practices, enduro, cross-country, electric mountain bike, sports or family events. To discover for lovers of the Green Bike Festival, in a formula well known to festival-goers composed of a fair-tests, hikes, competitions, animations and conviviality.
- 13th Botanical Days 11th-12th June 2022 During the Botanical Days, Samoëns and it's exceptional alpine garden La Jaÿsinia (with its 4800 varieties of mountain flowers from all 5 continents), welcome you. All the natural beauties will be offered to you. with this year's theme: recycling and the use of nature for nature.
- Samoëns Trail Tour 16th-19th June 2022 Ultra-Trail du Haut-Giffre is one of the biggest and the most amazing mountain races in the Valley to discover without any hesitation!
- Samoëns American Festival 13th edition 30th June-3rd July 2022 Samoëns invites you to come dance and immerse yourself in American culture for a weekend, with dance courses, frenzied concerts and balls, as well as equestrian and mechanical shows.
- F'Estival Les Pépites 7th July-25th August 2022 Every Thursday of the summer, Samoëns offers a high quality musical programming. Emerging artists of national or international stature will share their music, passion and talent for unforgettable moments.
- "Adopte 1 Col" : Morzine to Joux Plane 24th July 2022 Don’t miss climbing this legendary col that’s at 1690 meters altitude and crossed 11 times by the Tour de France and 3 times by the Critérium du Dauphiné!
- Musical journey around the flutes of Guy Angelloz 7th August 2022 Flute concert given by Guy Angelloz and Elodie Baile revisiting Bach, Mozart, Vivaldi, Handel, Paganini and many others.
- World championships of Mölkky 18th-21st August 2022 Samoëns hosts the Mölkky World Championships, with many bowling nations of Finnish origin coming to compete, to become Mölkky World Champion! Tournament accessible to all.