Take a look at all our French Alps villages and resorts are offering next winter season! You'll find some brand new ski accommodation, including some beautiful and well-located modern self-catered apartments. We have also added a few more authentic French ski resorts, including a whole new alpine region. Find out all the latest news from your favourite French Alps destinations in our resort news section too...
New resorts added to programme
Vars, Southern Alps
The traditional French village resort of Vars is situated in the Southern Alps with access to skiing in the Domaine de la Foret Blanche ski area. This pretty and authentic winter resort is blessed with an average of 300 days of sunshine a year and offers high altitude skiing with 185km of piste between 1850m to 2750m. The resort is split into several hamlets which run along the valley, with skiing starting from the largest hamlet Sainte Marie.
Stay in the newly built apartments at the Panorama Vars 2000, opening in December 2020. The superior 4-star residence is located at the foot of the slopes and is only a short distance from the main shops, bars and restaurants. The self-catered apartments are fully equipped and include access to ski lockers with heated boot racks.
Le Corbier, Maurienne Valley
Benefitting from access to up to 310km of slopes in the Les Sybelles ski area, the friendly resort of Le Corbier is a great choice for those looking for a well-located destination far from the adding crowds! The Les Sybelles ski area in the Maurienne Valley is currently receiving a lot of investment, ultimately improving the valley links as well as adding several new lifts by 2022. The resort also received the Famille Plus label in 2006, guaranteeing a warm welcome for families and the suitable facilities/activities on offer.
Stay in the Etoile des Sybelles, a newly built 3-star self-catered residence opening for the 2020/21 winter season. Facilities available to guests in these modern apartments include a restaurant-bar, lounges and entertainment rooms, as well as a well-equipped wellness area with aquatic and fitness suites.
Jura, Jura Mountains
The Haut-Jura regional park is home to the Jura mountains, containing over 70 individual French villages on the Franco/Swiss border. The area is known for its AOP (Appellation d'Origine Protegee) recognised Comte cheese and is a perfect destination for those looking for a true gastronomic experience, with the ability to traverse between French and Swiss cuisines. The area also offers some great skiing in the Jura mountains, from the resort of Crozet Lelex.
The luxurious 5-star Jiva Hill Resort is an exquisite hotel, well-located in the Haut-Jura regional park. Following recent refurbishments and a new building with 20 new rooms, the hotel offers arguably the best accommodation in the area. On top of the several restaurants, bars and lounges, the hotel offers access to a number of activities including; tennis, a cinema room, a playroom, cooking lessons, arts and crafts, and an impressive 1000m2 spa area with indoor and outdoor swimming pools!
Brand new accommodation for 2020/21
Neige et Soleil, Les Deux Alpes
Located in the Grand Plan area of the resort, the newly built Neige et Soleil self-catered residence will open in December for the 2020/21 winter season. Guests staying at the apartments will have access to free WiFi, an underground garage with free parking, and the wellness facilities; including an indoor pool, sauna, steam, and spa suite.
Le Pre d'Anne Chloe, Samoens
Due to open for summer 20201, the small 3-star residence of Le Pre d'Anne Chloe is made up of beautiful self-catered apartments each with their own balcony or terrace. Situated in the quieter Moulins area of Samoens, the property is still only a few minutes walk from the village centre, and there is a shuttle bus nearby, which takes guests to the slopes (during the holidays).
Alpen Lodge, La Rosiere
The luxury 4-star apartments at the Alpen Lodge will open to guests from December 2020. Found in the Les Eucherts area of La Rosiere, the residence is well located near the ski slopes, chairlift and ski school meeting point. Facilities will also include a wellness area with pool, hot tub, sauna, steam, and fitness rooms.
L'Alpaga, La Toussuire
Located at the foot of the slopes whilst also close to the centre of La Toussuire village, the 4-star apartments at L'Alpaga will open in February 2021. The property will include 82 self-catered apartments between 1 and 5 bedrooms. Guests will also have access to the indoor pool, hot tubs, sauna, steam, and fitness rooms.
Chalet Mounier, Les Deux Alpes
This hotel was originally opened in 1879, now being known as the oldest running hotel in Les Deux Alpes! The charming Chalet Mounier is well located, just a 2-minute walk from the Diable chairlift. You can also enjoy a meal at the Michelin starred P’tit Polyte restaurant at the hotel. There's also another restaurant, TV and games rooms, a spa, and a lounge with fireplace.
Chalet Whymper, Chamonix
Taking its name from the famous mountaineer Edward Whymper, Chalet Whymper was completely renovated in 2017, offering chic rooms on a bed and breakfast basis. The chalet is well located in the heart of Chamonix with facilities and services including a garden, a cosy lounge, afternoon tea & homemade cake, as well as an outdoor hot tub and sauna.
La Duit, Doucy
The 3-star La Duit property offers beautifully refurbished self-catered apartments in Doucy, located 50m from the resort centre. The facilities at La Duit residence include free outdoor parking (1 space per apartment), free WiFi, and ski lockers. Each apartment is well-equipped for a comfortable stay and they also have either a balcony or terrace.
Le Petit Mont Cenis, Termignon
These self-catered apartments are found in an ideal location, 100m away from the nearest charilift and just a short walk from the centre of Termignon. With the resort being perfect for skiers and non-skiers alike, the residence itself offers wonderful views over the Vanoise national park! Facilities include a reception area, free WiFi, and ski lockers.
Le Faucigny, Chamonix
This boutique hotel is tucked away in the heart of Chamonix, only a 5 minute walk to the slopes and close to the shops and restaurants of this famous ski town. Following a full renovation, the hotel offers beautiful stays on a bed & breakfast basis, with access to the spa area with sauna and hot tub! Other facilities include a library/lounge area, as well as ski and luggage rooms.
Le Génépy, Chamonix
This recently opened residence offers stays in modern apartments on a self-catered basis. Enjoying an ideal location, just a few steps from the town's shops and restaurants, Le Génépy offers a private courtyard as well as great views from the apartment balconies or the terrace of the cafe! The cafe is open to all and offers a great selection for breakfast, lunch, and aperitifs!
Le Jardin, La Toussuire
This newly built residence in the heart of La Toussuire, offers a fully equipped 3-star self-catered chalet, sleeping up to 14 people. The chalet is ideally located, just 200m from the nearest amenities. The 5 bedroom chalet includes access to a private indoor heated pool, sauna, free WiFi, and a furnished south-facing balcony.
- New Gondola - Opening December 2020, the brand new Vercland gondola is replacing the original four-seater gondola's from the ski village. As the main route up to the Grand Massif, the new lift will run at 7 metres per second, carrying 2000 passengers per hour, making it the fastest ski lift in France!
- Modernised lift - The updates to the Marais chairlift are currently under construction over the course of this summer. Replacing the previous lift, the new 6 seater express lift links the Aiguille Rouge (which is above Tignes 1800) to the Aiguille Percée, with an estimated journey time of 8 minutes and 20 seconds.
- Unique activity - Zorbing! Choose either a solo or duo zorb and hurtle down a track reaching up to 50km/h whilst trying to knock down as many inflatable skittles as possible. Definitely a unique experience in the Alps!
Food delivery service
Our food delivery service lets you pre-order delicious prepared meals for your stay, to be delivered directly to your apartment, making self-catering even easier!
We love the meal plans and choice of the traditional French dishes and if you're staying during the winter holidays you can order a full Christmas lunch! There's even more choice next winter, with a range of locally made Alpine dishes. This includes the classic Tartiflette and the new Vegiflette (filled with layers of potato, smoked raclette cheese, sundried tomato, and courgette). It’s the best vegetarian Tartiflette in the Alps!
- New beginners area - Located on Mont d'Arbois at 1,840m and easily accessed by the Bettex-Mont d'Arbois gondola, the brand new novice area will offer a drag lift and covered magic carpet lift, all improving the comfort for beginner skiers to develop their skills.
- Updated lifts - Upgrades to both the Arpettaz chairlift and the Grand Plan chairlift will allow an increase in capacity on the routes. The Arpettaz lift has increased to 3000 passengers per hour and the Grand Plan has increased to 2000 passengers per hour.
- Brand new gondola - The new Le Bois gondola is set to open for the 2020/21 winter season. The lift will depart from Le Planay (1200m) and end at the Plateau du Cuvy (1736m). This new lift will transport 2800 people p/h, with 10 people per cabin and a journey time of only 6 minutes.
- Therapeutic activity - Sylvotherapy is a new experience for those wishing to reconnect with themselves and nature. Available for free in March and April, this unique activity derived from yoga and
meditation. This ‘discovery walk’ harnesses the positive energy emitted by trees.
- Updated chairlift - The original 4 seater Biollene chairlift linking to the top of the resort at 2019m is being updated to a high-speed 6-seater chairift, with a journey time of just over 5 minutes and transporting 2800 skiers p/h. Construction is currently underway on the new lift station and is due to open winter 2020/21.
Are you looking for more inspiration for your next winter holiday in 2020/21? Take a look at the beautiful new properties and additional authentic French resorts we added to our programme last winter. You can also take advantage of some great special offers including discounts and extra nights! Get even more info and news from the French Alps by signing up to our newsletter, or following us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.