Morzine has acquired the Famille Plus label for its childcare facilities. Please click here to view more information on the Famille Plus label
L’Outa garderie in Morzine – 3 months – 5yrs
Opening hrs – Monday to Friday from 9hr to 17hr30.
Half day from 9hr – 13hr or 13hr30 – 17hr30.
For all children, health records are required, or a certificate medical care and vaccinations. Indoor and outdoor games.
Tariffs Summer (only as a guide):
½ day = €17
Day = €28 (maximum 8 hrs)
5 ½ days consecutive = €77
5 days consecutive = €126
Meals are extra:
2+ yrs = €4.50
-2yrs = €2.50
Entry fee of €5 is essential.
Tel: 00 33 4 50 79 26 00
Special tobogganing slope situated at the foot of the Crusaz chairlift.
Antique merry-go-round outside the Tourist Office.
Outdoor playgrounds for children are situated next to the Tourist Office and in the Dérêches park.
Portes du Soleil Multi Pass 2013
For just 1€ per day, the MultiPass offers unlimited access to more than 54 activities available at the 12 resorts of the Portes du Soleil:
- 6 swimming areas
- 24 ski lifts for pedestrians
- 8 tennis facilities
- 2 ice rinks
- 3 tourist trains
- Inter-resort shuttles
- 5 cultural sites (museums …)
- 3 mini-golf courses
NEW FOR 2013: MultiPass Premium for 2€
On top of the activities available with the MultiPass for 1€, the MultiPass Premium gives you access additional services:
- Aqua-Center with 3 indoor pools (1 sport pool - 1 learning pool - 1 paddling pool), in addition to the 3 outdoor pools.
- Aquariaz center
3 aqua centers featuring a tropical ambiance:
· 1 water tree for the younger children
· 1 central pool with lazy stream, a swimming pool and an outdoor Jacuzzi
· 1 high-thrills water slide
- Altiform Area (sauna, steam, Jacuzzi and gymcourses)
- Bodyform (gym room and squash court)
Please note: MultiPass 1€ and MultiPass Premium 2€ are only available to those staying with an accommodation provider taking part in the operation. Prices are per day and per person. The MultiPass is valid for the duration of your stay (with a minimum of 2 days). For those who are not staying with an accommodation provider taking part in the operation, price for the MultiPass is 6€ per day and the MultiPass Premium is 9€ per day.
Mountain biking, hiking, climbing, via ferrata, canyoning, trekking, aquatic hiking, afghan walking, orienteering, donkey rambling, tennis, adventure parks, horse riding, paragliding, paintball, Mountainboard, Grass scooters, golf, mini-golf, quad bikes, fishing, hot air ballooning, helicopter.
– Situated on the Proclou plateau at an altitude of 1600 metres, the Morzine-Avoriaz 9-hole golf-course is a par 36, with a total length of 2930 metres. It has a reputation of being a demanding and technical course, but with a superb setting, with stunning views of some of the surrounding Haut Chablais summits. 18-hole golf-courses are in Les Gets, Evian and Chamonix
This is a mixture of trekking and climbing, as you make your way around a cliff equipped with cables, ladders and steps attached by a lunge and accompanied by a good guide!
See above contacts for hiking, climbing, canyoning, trekking etc
RAMBLES WITH DONKEYS
Whilst you walk the donkeys transport the bags or the children. You can go with a donkey guide or just rent the donkey for half a day or several days. A beast of burden is a great way to motivate children to climb a mountain.
Mountain Biking in Morzine
Over the years, the Portes du Soleil have become a benchmark for mountain bikers throughout the world.
•650km of way marked trails
•10 permanents downhill trails
•4 bike parks
•24 ski lifts open to mountain bikers
MORZINE MOUNTAIN BIKING INFORMATION SUMMER 2013
The Pléney gondola will be replaced with new lift equipment for winter 2013/14. This key new lift will provide improved capacity and better access to the winter ski area and for summer Mountain Biking in Morzine. Ground level access to the top and bottom lift stations will make for quicker access and ease of use.
As we await the opening of this new lift, and due to the scale of the works involved, the Pléney gondola will be closed for the 2013 summer season.
To ensure MTB activities, the local councils and the lift companies of Morzine-Avoriaz and Les Gets, will put in place the following solutions:
· Early opening, from the 15th of June 2013, of the Super Morzine gondola and the “Zore” chairlift. From the 28th of June, an earlier opening time of 08:30am and a 50% increase in the flow-rate will ensure free-flowing traffic.
· A bus service adapted for carrying Mountain Bikes will be run daily between the resorts of Morzine and Les Gets from the 28th of June to the 1st of September 2013 (dates inclusive). This bus service will be reserved for those with a Portes du Soleil lift pass.
· The Mountain Bike tracks between the resorts of Morzine and Les Gets will be marked out, signposted and maintained.
Further steps are also being examined to safeguard Mountain Biking in the Pléney area, and improve the flow capacity of the lift links between Morzine and Les Gets, by way of the the “Crusaz” and “Mouilles” chairlifts. More information will follow on this subject as soon as possible.
Reminder of lift opening dates:
· Les Gets: Every weekend from the 25th of May and every day from the 15th of June to the 8th of September 2013.
· Morzine: Every day from the 15th of June to the 1st of September.
· Portes du Soleil: The lift links will open for the Pass’Portes du Soleil VTT, on the 28th of June, and will run until the 1st of September 2013; allowing access to the 23 lifts open this summer and linking the 12 resorts of the Franco-Swiss area.
Everyone involved in the resorts of Morzine-Avoriaz and Les Gets is working tirelessly to make sure that Mountain Biking, which is vital to the local tourist economy, goes ahead this summer.
All other infrastructure in the resort of Morzine will run as normal for the summer 2013 season:
· The “Crusaz” chairlift for pedestrians and summer toboggan.
· The “Pointe de Nyon” chairlift for pedestrians.
In addition to the summer bus service, which will transport Mountain Bikers to Les Gets, the “Crousaz” and “Mouilles” chairlifts will be open to Mountain Bikers each morning from 8.30am to 10.30am; this will be dependent on the two chairlifts being certified for this use.
The “Crousaz” chairlift is unable to be used simultaneously by Mountain Bikers and Luge users. Therefore different time slots have been attributed for each group. Mountain Bikers will be able to use the chairlift from 8.30am to 10.30am and the rest of the day will be reserved for the luge.
As concerns the buses – these will run from 8.30-9.00am until 5.45pm (last departure from Morzine for Les Gets). The bus stop will be the usual bus stop at the Pleney. The buses will be equipped with trailers for transporting mountain bikes, with each being able to hold up to 30 bikes per trip.Two vehicles with trailers will be able to step in during peak periods in order to increase capacity.
These buses will be available to Portes du Soleil pass-holders and Mountain Bike traffic will be prioritised. Foot passengers, however, will also be able to use this bus service if all of the seats are not in use.
A great leisure park:
• 2 pools, 1 Olympic size (50m x 21m)
• 1 large paddling pool with water games and water jets
• 1 toboggan
• 1 multi-activity area (mini-football, basket-ball, handball)
• Beach volley pitches
• Table tennis
• Children’s climbing frames
• 1 bouncy castle
• Sunshades and sun-beds
• 1 bar-restaurant
• Swimming lessons
• Aqua-gym club
June & September: not yet published.
July & August: from Monday to Friday: 8H00 to 18H45
Saturday & Sunday: 9H00 to 18H45
• 9 tennis courts, 2 of which are clay.
• 2 training walls
• Club-house and bar
• Private and group lessons
• Tournaments for all levels
Tel.: +33.(0)4.50.79.08.08 ou +33.(0)18.104.22.168.71
For a more wintery setting, and a great wet-weather activity:
• The ice-rink (56m x 26m) in the Palais des Sports
• Play area reserved exclusively for children.
• Ice-skates for hire
• Bar serving snacks open in bad weather.
• Ice-hockey matches every week during the season.
A leisure park with an acrobatic circuit up in the trees (death-slides), canyoning (climbing down mountain rivers in specially equipped areas with a guide) and a restaurant.
Tel : +33.(0)22.214.171.124.49 or +33.(0)126.96.36.199.18
New 2010: Circuit 6 Tyrolean following.
Circuits up in the trees made from ladders, swing bridges and death-slides, for both small and big. 1 circuit for the very young, (from age 4) and 3 larger circuits of varying difficulty (blue, red and black).
Tel : +33.(0)4.50.74.01.88 or +33.(0)06.75.03.05.52
Website : www.indianaventures.com
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
New 2010: Expansion of P’tits Kids (2-4 years), 2 new routes kids (4-8years)
1 workshop balance
A hybrid (a plank with off-road wheels), the mountainboard mixes surfing, snowboarding and skating sensations. Try it on the ski-slopes once the snow has gone, using the draglift to take you to the top.
This off-road scooter is also for the snow-less ski-runs, using draglifts to take you to the top.
Tel. : +33.(0)6.85.02.37.09 ou +33.(0)4.50.79.07.97
Email : email@example.com
There are several places to fish: the Mines d’Or lake, lake Montriond, the Plan du Rocher lake… but also in the Dranse, the river that runs through Morzine and in which the much sought after lake Geneva trout spawn their eggs.
• If you do not have a fishing card :
Day permits or 15 day holiday permits are available from 1st April to 30th September.
• If you have a fishing card :
Day, weekly, fortnightly or monthly permits are available.Reduction on annual permits for children under 16.
Magasin Morz’na Sports
PROFESSION FISHING GUIDE, QUALIFIED IN ALL STYLES OF FISHING
Tel : +33.(0)188.8.131.52.55
All the above information is for information only. For the most up-to-date information please visit the resort tourist office website
Morzine Tourist Office
Morzine Tourist Information
Tel: 00 33 4 50 74 72 72
Open 08.30 – 19.30 during the season. Closed on Sundays and bank hols.
Restaurants, shops, cinema, bars, musical evenings, nightclub.
By Road: Driving distance from Calais to Morzine is 538 miles or 7hrs30
A6 motorway via Macon followed by the A40 motorway towards Geneva. Exit 19 at Cluses and follow signs
From Northern Europe, access via the Swiss motorway towards Martigny. Exit Portes du Soleil, 20 minutes from Chatel.
By Rail: Thonon-les-Bains SNCF railway station (TGV – high speed train) / Transfer by shuttle, 40kms (approx cost 10€).
Monthey railway station (Switzerland) / Transfer by taxi, 25kms.
Geneva Airport is 90km from Morzine (1 hour)
Chambery Airport is 123 km from Morzine (1 ½ hours) www.chambery.aeroport.fr
Grenoble Airport is 210km from Morzine (2 hours)
Lyon Saint-Exupery is 211km from Morzine (2 ½ hours) www.lyon.aeroport.fr
Getting around Morzine
Free shuttles in Morzine
Free shuttle buses and a little train will offer you free transport within the village during the winter season to help you get around easily.
Pre-book your taxi transfer with Peak Retreats
From Geneva Airport to Morzine – from £75 per person return based on 4 people sharing.
For all other transfer prices click here
Hair dresser, spa, florist, garage, doctors, pharmacy, post office, tobacconist, bank