Ski Holidays with Dogs
Requirements for travelling with Dogs
Accommodation in the French Alps where dogs are allowed
Dog needs to be micro chipped and it is recommended to meet ISO Standard 11784 or Annex A to ISO Standard 11785 or a reader needs to taken with you to read any other type. Identification by tattoo is not accepted.
2. A valid vaccination against rabies (whether first or a booster). Dogs must be at least 3 months old.
3. Then a blood test will be taken to ensure the vaccine has given sufficient protection. Once a satisfactory blood test has been given there then is a 6 month wait before the dog will be able to enter the UK. It’s therefore advised to leave at least 9 months before travel to start the PETS travel scheme process (chip & vaccinate).
4. Dog needs to be issued with an EU pet passport.
5. Treatment for parasites between 24 and 48 hours before your pet is checked-in to travel back to UK. These details will be recorded on an official certificate or in the pet passport which you will need to show before travelling back on your crossing. This means finding a vet in France – see the French Yellow Pages http://www.pagesjaunes.fr (type ‘Vétérinaire’ in Quoi or Qui box and your destination in France e.g Chamonix in Ou box. If you tick the box saying ‘a coté de’ it will find all vets near to your destination as not every resort will have a vet. You may need to travel to another resort or area). You will need to book early to make sure you have an appointment ready for your return trip.
6. Check that your dog is not a banned breed in France.
If your dog is due a booster make sure you organise it on time. One day late and you have to start the process all over again (including the 6 month wait).
information on http://www.defra.gov.uk/wildlife-pets/pets/travel/pets/index.htm where you can also download fact sheets.
PETS Helpline – 0870 241 1710 (Mon-Fri 08.30-5.30)
Call us on 0844 576 0170 to book or for further information. You can also email your request or enquiry to a member of our team at firstname.lastname@example.orgOpening times Mon-Fri 9am – 6pm (7pm Sept-Mar), Sat 10am – 4pm. Closed bank holidays and Sundays.
|Advance Bookings 13/14 | New to Skiing? | Family Skiing | Budget Skiing | Ski Chalets | Luxury Apartments | Doorstep Skiing | Ski & Spa | Geneva Skiing | Large Apartments & Chalets | Apartments/Chalets with Catering | Ski Holidays with Dogs | Short-breaks | Resort List | Resort selector | Accommodation selector|