Working with us
Peak Retreats is the leading French Alps specialist, and with its two brands (Peak Retreats & Ski Collection) features about 70 ski resorts in France. It also features the South of France under the Cote d’Azur Collection brand.
Peak Retreats was voted "Best Ski Company’', Guardian and Observer Travel Awards 2011, 2010 and 2009, as voted by readers. ‘Best Independent Ski Operator 2006’ and ‘Best Tour Operator to France 2005’ by Maison de la France (now Atout France), the French Tourist Office.
UK based positions - Sales & Reservations Manager
A unique opportunity to join our experienced team of French Alps specialists managing a small team of sales consultants, taking overall responsibility for the managing of the team from setting targets, to coaching, recruiting, leading and motivating always ensuring high levels of service are maintained for both brands.
The Sales & Reservations Manager duties will include:
The Sales & Reservations Manager will require:
- Helping your team to achieve sales and productivity targets such as high booking conversion through staff motivation and the most effective sales practices
- Ensuring high client satisfaction with the service provided
- Ensuring that operational aspects are delivered
- Training (product and sales) and coaching new and existing members of the team
- Managing rotas, absences/holidays
- Liaising with the marketing team and the product team; reporting to the directors on a regular basis
- Sourcing and recruiting new members of the team
- An appropriate experience in a travel sales & reservations environment
- Leading by example in order to motivate the team
- A can-do attitude to problem solving
- An attention to detail
- Commercial acumen
- Good communication skills (written and verbal) in order to deal with clients direct
- Able to work under pressure
- Good computer skills and an experience in using a reservations system (any)
- An interest in skiing and knowledge of the French Alps is highly desirable
- French language skills would be an advantage although it is not essential
Based in Portsmouth
40 hours per week. Mostly 9.00-18.00 Monday to Friday. You will be required to work some Saturdays from 10:00 to 16:00 and some evenings 10:00-19:00 during high season and depending on the job’s needs.
28 days pa (including 8 bank holidays) based on full-time
Discounted holidays & travel; educational trips to France
If you feel you have the right experience and skills and would like to apply for this position email Nathalie Soma on nsoma AT peakretreats.co.uk and tell us why you feel you are the candidate we are looking for. Please also attach your full current CV.