With so many ski resorts to choose from in the French Alps, deciding which one is right for you and your family can be quite a challenge. Here at Peak Retreats we like to make things simple for our clients. That’s why we have put together this check-list to help you consider all aspects of a resort before you book. There is a lot of information available on our website resort pages as well as our resort selector. You can also get in touch with our specialist reservations team who are always on hand to answer any questions you may have.
1. Location and access
- Where is the resort located?
- What transport options are there? (Self-drive – Eurotunnel & Ferry, ski train, flying)
- What will the travel time be to the resort?
- What access facilities are there around the resort? (Many resorts offer shuttle buses, others are easily accessible on foot).
- How big is the ski area? Does the ski area link up to other ski areas? Many of our resorts are satellite resorts to bigger ski domains.
- Is there enough variety of pistes to cater for all members of your party? (Beginner, intermediate, expert skiers, snowboarders).
- You can compare key resort statistics on our website
- What is the snow record? Historical snow records are available on our website.
3. In the resort
- How much aprés-ski is there and does it suit your party?
- If you plan to eat out, do the restaurants serve the kind of food you want to eat?
- Are the activities on offer suited to you and your family?
- Does the resort’s general amenities cater to your needs? Consider supermarkets, pharmacies, cash points etc.
- Are there suitable childcare provisions on offer (if applicable)?
- What accommodation is on offer?
- Self-catered apartments or chalets, hotels Does the size of the accommodation meet your needs?
- What facilities are on offer in the accommodation?
- Where is the accommodation situated in relation to the slopes and resort amenities?
- What are the resort and accommodation opening dates? Dates may vary slightly between resorts so you may need to check dates if you are planning to travel towards the start or end of the season.
Finally and most importantly, is it the resort for you?
It may sound funny but all the resorts in our programme are unique and we feel we do offer something for everyone. The descriptions on our website are designed to convey the sense of what is unique about each of our resorts. If you would like further information or are looking to discuss a ski resort in more detail, our reservations staff are specialists and can talk you through it.
If you have anything to add to this check-list? Please let us know.