The ski resort of Val Cenis, situated in the Maurienne Valley is very popular with our new and returning clients and we're very fond of it here in the office too. But if you need any further convincing, here's just 10 of the many reasons to love Val Cenis!
1. Comprising the two villages of Lanslebourg and Lanslevillard, Val Cenis has truly retained its charm and traditional character.
2. The resort is home to a great range of accommodation to suit all requirements including large families and groups as well as couples and smaller families.
3. It's home to the longest green piste in Europe! The 10km L'Escargot is perfect for beginners looking to stretch their legs!
4. The treelined slopes! Beginners and intermediates can enjoy greens and blues running down through the trees.
5. Welcome drinks, street animations, sports tournaments and torchlight descents - all organised by the Val Cenis tourist office.
6. There's non-skiing activities to suit all age ranges - ice rink, swimming pool, archery, mini golf, paragliding, snowshoeing, 2 cinemas, outdoor climbing wall...the list goes on!
7. Visitors are guaranteed a genuinely warm local welcome
8. It's a great winter ski holiday destination as well as a summer mountain holiday destination.
9. For self-caterers, there's a good variety of shops and supermarkets but there's also plenty of restaurant choice with around 40 restaurants and bars.
10. Blue runs from the top to the bottom of the resort - allowing beginners to enjoy being at the top of the mountains and the stunning views that come with it.
Read more about Val Cenis ski holidays